Made By Katie Green is a contemporary dance company specialising in creating work for museums and heritage sites. Alongside its performance work, the company is engaged in a programme of participatory work with children and young people, in schools and at museums.
We are currently looking for a Local Producer to work with us on our newest Imagination Museum: Mayflower 400 project.
This role would involve:
- supporting the Company Director (Katie Green) and Producer (Claire Morton) in planning for and delivery of the Imagination Museum: Mayflower 400 project in and around Retford and Gainsborough
- liaising with local dance artists, local partners and participants in the area (including the Pilgrim Roots Regional Partnership, local schools, youth and community groups, churches and local museums), with support from the Company Director and Producer
- recruiting a small team of volunteers, heritage interpreters, teachers, group/community leaders who will act as Community Ambassadors throughout the project
- supporting delivery of rehearsals, meetings, performances and workshops from October 2018 through to January 2021, with more intensive activity from November 2018 – November 2019
- collecting feedback from audiences and documenting the project on the Imagination Museum website
… and require someone organized and friendly, with excellent team-working skills; someone who is interested in the project, well-networked in the area and professional, with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
For more information about the role and how to apply, visit: https://madebykatiegreen.co.uk/blog/post.php?s=2018-06-15-callout-looking-for-local-producers-in-nottinghamshirelincolnshire-and-hampshire
The deadline for this opportunity is the 20th July 2018 at 5pm. We will also be posting a callout for local dance artists soon.
The Imagination Museum: Mayflower 400 project is produced by Made By Katie Green, supported financially using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England as part of the Strategic Touring programme, Hampshire Cultural Trust, The Box, Plymouth City Council and Bassetlaw District Council, and also delivered in partnership with the Pilgrim Roots Regional Partnership, Transported, The Point, Plymouth Dance and Plymouth Culture.
Image credit: The Imagination Museum, Boston Guildhall; Dancers – Lucy Starkey and Hannah Noel; Photograph by Steve Hatton (Electric Egg).