The Mayflower arrives… in Retford! It’s 1985, and the ship has just sailed into the Market Place. Were you there? Do you remember seeing this (inland) historic voyage?! We’d love to hear from you as part of the Pilgrim Roots Heritage Project – funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
This month, we’re holding consultation events to find out what people in Bassetlaw and West Lindsey think about the plans to tell the Pilgrim story around a heritage trail and what’s important about that story.
On Tuesday 20th March, the Project Team will be at:
- Bassetlaw Museum in Retford between 10.30am and 12.30pm, and
- Gainsborough Old Hall between 1.30pm and 3.30pm – and if you bring a National Lottery ticket with you, you can claim a free hot drink that same day in Chambers Coffee Shop at the Old Hall.
Come along to:
- see some of our plans and designs for the trail and new gallery at Bassetlaw Museum
- share your memories of Mayflower commemorations in the past
- find out about planned activities and events
- register your interest as a volunteer.
You can also tell us your thoughts about the plan via this short online questionnaire.